...is never seeing a limit but rather only a new opportunity to rise to the occasion. You have all met a brand new challenge head-on...State has not been realistic in any of the years that you all have been running, you've achieved a lot. I would like to express this in a poem:
One, two, three, and four,
the Horsemen walk in the door,
Dan and Andrew,
Dale and Smitty,
Four friends close but always working to achieve more.
Andrew and Smitty joined up from the beginning,
Dale and Dan didn't realize what they were missing.
Neither better neither worse,
needing all 7 is not a curse,
all working toward the same goal, sacrificing much...they even gave up kissing!
What is the sound of 4 Men running,
achieving, giving, and opportunity knocking?
Into the future rides the team,
on the backs of the 4 Horsemen's crazy dream.
Alone they didn't achieve it all, but it takes a few to motivate the call.
Now they will soon ride away,
but know that truth...they'll fight hard for every day
to run one more time and show the state,
7 men are all it takes.
The 4 Horsemen shall ride once more...and as always they won't disappoint,
for crying out loud that got Joe on point!
Joe and Pipes, and Austin too,
man do you got your work cut out for you.
Next year is next year, and for you it's gonna be great
but Sectionals is Saturday...and the next? Well it's State!
The Horsemen and Joe, Austin and Piper...run your best, we're proud of you!
And what of the girls...our running vixens?
They're prepared too...and their workouts they've been mixin'
fartleks and fun runs,
mile repeats and telling funny puns.
The girls are ready...they've done all the work,
and why? Because everything left is only a perk.
State is a goal...the runners are ready,
never believe that their pace won't be steady.
Boys and girls...I've got a secret to tell you all,
run fast...run hard, and by golly don't fall!
Remember: The ealge flies at midnight...but you have flown higher and farther than that eagle EVER could!
-Nathan
2 comments:
Nathan, you're a poet and you didn't even know it!
Wow, Nathan, that was amazing. I got misty eyed; I'm not lying. If I were on the team, I would go sub 15 easy with that kind of motivation.
Post a Comment