Wednesday, May 13, 2009

H.E.A.R.T.

...is waking up the fire within to burn white hot and setting ablaze the old limits because each of you has none...except those you've set.

I don't think we need to tell you how to run...you know how to do that.
We don't need to tell you be passionate about this sport...you've shown that.
We don't need to ask for your best...you give that every time you step to the line.
We do ask for something else though...a show & illustration to the rest of the Mid-Illini that Morton is no longer messing around.

Show them that we (yes...we) are not a team that is content to score a petty handful of points anymore. Show them that the administration assigned a coach that knows what he's doing (K-Hode!), show them that you have trained just as hard as them, show them that you work not to finish but to compete.

Show Metamora what happens when they let their guard down, show Limestone that they can't depend on one man anymore, show Dunlap that their eagle is low flying poultry. Never let anyone tell you that you are anything less than the best... but also show 'em what ya got just to make sure there is no doubt.

The races will be fast tomorrow...all the better to cruise to a wicked PR!
The competition will be fierce...(of course because Morton is there) but you race the best to run your best.
Nothing stands in your way...NOTHING except the speed bumps you put there. You have a max of 8 laps to get your job done (hint hint if you're not running the 3200 you don't have 8) and that is while getting yelled out by a crowd of fans who love watching you run in a circle in a bowl in the ground. Listen to the ones that matter...tune out the ones that don't...but make sure you differentiate well between the two. But most importantly run your race and run it smart, this means using all that knowledge of past mistakes to your advantage. Make sure you don't leave EastSide tomorrow regretting anything...give your best then be proud of it. Nothing is better than being proud of your accomplishments and you all have so much to proud of...bask in it!

I apologize that I cannot be there as you step to the line...but I'll be cheering just the same...so turn you ear to the Southwest and you might just hear the cries for Morton wafting on the wind from the University of Illinois.

Run for Morton...run for you team....run for the love of the sport...run with your heart and with H.E.A.R.T.

The eagle flies at midnight...but you have flown higher and farther than that eagle EVER COULD!!!
-Nathan

1 comment:

Dave Getz said...

A sensational post! I think this is your finest work I've seen, Nathan. I'm so motivated that I'm going to watch the Track Movie form last year....and I'm not even running tomorrow!!!!