Hey! It's raining right about now, thankfully it wasn't earlier this morning, or else this invite wouldn't have been so amazing!
So to begin, the girls open race was up first! It was pretty cold but our girls did really good, with Grace Jankowski coming in at 9th place, earning a medal and many congratulations from family and friends!
Up next, the girls varsity race! This was a day for the record books for Morton. Ashley Pribble came in 2nd place overall and Caitlin followed behind, somewhere in the top 20. Anyhow, Ashley ran a 17:59 today, joining the 17 minute club as a junior, and a congratulations goes to her for that accomplishment! The girls team did amazing too, with Hannah Behle, Nicole Lockwood, and Macaela Bennett filling out the rest of the girls scoring team, coming in 6th place overall I believe.
3rd race, the boys varsity race! This was a sweet race, with the entire team coming in below 75th place. Nick Piper, Austin Bradford and Nick Steffan filled in the top three spots, with Riffle, Lil' Jankowski, Klobuchar, and Lyons filling in the rest of the Morton Running Red. Nick got 20th place i believe, earning a medal today.
The 2nd to last race, boys frosh/soph race! This one I ran in, but I can tell you that it was a unique running experience from my standpoint! Matt Lyons, Austin Stephens, Tyler Hohulin, Joe Loftus and I stayed within 30 seconds of each other during the whole race, pushing each other the whole time. We all got new personal records as well, which was quite exciting for us all after the race was done.
Final race, boys open race! Tim Luchtefeld led this group of guys with a top 20 appearance and a time in the 18's! I didn't see much of this race however, so I can't really comment too much on how these guys did, but I'm sure they did amazing!
Good job to everyone today, and I'll talk to you the next time we have a meet, which is Tuesday in Limestone.
Quentin
OK everyone!! An apology is owed to Austin Bradford who medaled at the Springfield Invite and I didn't credit him for that medal! Sorry Bradford
No comments:
Post a Comment