It was a dark and stormy night. The Potters were getting ready to take on the Redbirds of Metamora and the Dragons of Pekin in a Mid-Illini Track & Field Showdown. Thankfully, I [Dave] was fortunate enough to be on-hand for this meet due to no-classes on Wednesday due to Finals. Thus, Steve has assigned me to write the report for the blog. Here it is:
4 x 800- The Potters fielded a solid crew for the 4 x 800: JT, Dale, Dan, and Smitty. Each member gave their best effort during their leg en route to a low 9-minute time overall. Morton's 4 x 800 continued to show constant improvement with each runner consistently running in the low 2:20s and 2:10s. Said Dale about the race, "We were fast, but they were faster." That's alright. You'll get 'em next time!
3200- The Potters entered many runners in this event: Joe, Danny, Pipes, Andrew, Isaac, and Joe Zeller's shorts, which seemed to have a mind of their own. Despite the terrible trousers, Joe managed to run a 10:30 (crummybuttons! he beat my PR) to lead the Potters. The rest of the crew also turned in commendable finishes, but I don't have the time sheet in front of me so I don't want to give any false information.
800- Right at the gun, Austin Bradford shot off the line as quick as a Venus fly-trap and just barely lost the lead to Metamora in the final stretch. Other solid 800 times were turned in by JT, Stuey, and....I can't remember who else; maybe it was Dale. Who knows.
1600- The bad weather let up just in time for the mile. The Potters continued to show tremendous improvement in this event, putting 4 guys under 5:10. Danny Ruder ran a great race to go 4:54, becoming the first of a potentially large number of Potters to go under 5 this year. Bradford, Joe, and Pipes were also agonizingly close, coming in somewhere between 5:03-5:10.
There. That's all I can remember, and I really had to dig down deep to recall some of that information (most of which is probably not correct anyway). If anybody notices any errors, feel free to comment. Also, don't be afraid to comment about anything else either.
I'm hungry. I'm going to dinner. It's lasagna night!
1 comment:
I like the trousers being a part of Joe's race! Good job Dave:)
Post a Comment