Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Race of Honor

In case anybody still reads this blog, I have some important news.

Due to circumstances beyond my control (like, for example, the scheduling of the DI NCAA Cross Country Championships on Monday, Nov. 24), I am pulling out of the Turkey Trot. However, I am still not going to go this entire fall without holding the Race of Honor. Thus, I am proposing (actually, I'm declaring) the Race of Honor be moved to the FOLEPI River Trail Classic in East Peoria on Saturday, Nov. 29. It's a 4-mile race that is primarily down hill and there's tons of food to eat afterwards.

So, all who were still planning on the Race of Honor being at the Turkey Trot, by all means, still race that day if you like. I, however, will not be making the trip home for that Sunday. Rather, I will be focusing all my efforts on the FOLEPI race the proceeding Saturday. If, for some reason, something drastic occurs and I can make it home for the Turkey Trot, there will then be 2 Races of Honor that will go down that week.

Congratulations again on a great season, and I hope to see lots of you in East Peoria on the 29th!

Dave

4 comments:

Ben said...

I'll probably still run Turkey Trot on the 23rd, so if anyone needs transportation out to Detweiler I could probably make that happen.

Ben said...

Oh, and FOLEPI (yes, Dave spelled it wrong) will be a blast! I've run it the last two years and it's a phenomanal downhill race. All of you should come out and do it. Lets put a big pack of Morton runners in the front of this race!

Dale Domnick said...

I know I would be interested in running the Turkey Trot, and I'm sure more members of the team will too.

Anonymous said...

I haven't decided if i'm going to run it or not. I still have shin pain and don't know if i want to aggrevate it. Also, could people tell us if they are interested in Chilly Hilly.
thanks!